Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vacation, all I ever needed...

Who doesn't love a good vacation?  Sitting on a sun-soaked beach, sipping Mai-Tais, sporting a floppy straw hat and oversized sunglasses...not me.

I realized in my old age that, despite the cultural norm, I don't like the beach.  When I was very young, my mom would apparently take us to Ocean City, Maryland often (I say apparently because I honestly don't remember ever going with my family).  I've been to Ocean City, New Jersey a handful of times (thanks to the family of a very dear high school friend) and had an amazing time, but my amazing time never had anything to do with the actual beach.

You see, I'm a very pale person.  So pale that no brand makes makeup that works with my skin tone except the Halloween ones.  And beaches?  You know what they mean?  Sunblock.  My ghost-white complexion of course sunburns easily.  I only use two types of sunblock that exist because I have gotten burned through every single other brand.  And maybe you lovely olive-skinned goddesses out there don't understand this, but sunblock is really, really, REALLY annoying.  It clogs up your skin and makes you feel like you're wearing a trashbag that's suction cupped to your body.  Add sand and you've got your self a gritty trashbag body suit.

Beaches?  I'll pass.  Give me a dark room and some video games and my vacation is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment