Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spring Sprang Sprung Springing Springer?

In Maryland, we get to experience all four seasons.  And although I have never lived anywhere that wasn't this basic climate, I am truly thankful that I get to wear gloves sometimes and skirts other times.  But right now?  Right now I want some springtime.  Don't get me wrong, winter can be cool (mainly that I look incredibly dashing in scarves and pea-coats) but if it's cold, then I want snow.  Apocalyptic, shutting-down-highways snow.  My mother instilled in me this love of snow.  For as long as I can remember, every time it ever snows, we have to contact one another and be excited about it.  It didn't matter that while I was in college, we wouldn't have snow at the same time.  I still would call my mom and squeal, "It's snowing!"  I love-love-love snow.

But because it's still not cold enough to snow, then I want Spring.  I want to open the windows to the apartment and spend hours on the porch smoking cigarettes.  I want freshly grilled asparagus and steak.  I want to smile at the forsythia in our yard and sip wine while reading a fluffy novel.  I want to wear shoes without socks.  And the breezes...oh the breezes.

So Old Man Winter, if you're listening, then you need to either put up or shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment